Are you an innovative Biotech VP / CxO?
For biotechs, attracting seed and early stage funding has become increasingly difficult in recent years although anecdotal signs of recovery are beginning to emerge. BioBusiness addresses the key top line strategic challenges you face and provides you with the answers necessary to survive in this challenging market whilst breaking down the barrier between speakers and delegates and facilitating open and organic networking.
Just a few of the BioBusiness speakers already confirmed for 2012:
- Axel Polack, General Manager, TVM Capital
- Carole Nuechterlein, Head, Roche Venture Fund
- Dan Zabrowski, Global Head of Pharma Partnering, Roche
- Daphne Zohar, Founder, Managing Partner, PureTech Ventures
- David Phillips, Partner, SR One
- David Nicholson, SVP & Head Worldwide Licensing and Knowledge Management, Merck
- Deborah Harland, Partner, SR One
- Denise Pollard-Knight, CEO, Phase4 Ventures
- Francesco De Rubertis, Life Sciences Partner, Index Ventures
- Graeme Martin, President and CEO, Takeda Research Investment
- Ian Nicholson, CEO, Chroma Therapeutics
- James Sabry, Vice President, Genentech Partnering, Genentech
- John Adamou, Head, Strategic Transactions & Alliance Management, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Roel Bulthuis, Head, Merck Serono Ventures
- Russ Cummings, Chief Investment Officer, Imperial Innovations
“This was a meeting of the right size and focus to put together industry representatives with common goals and to allow sufficient time and pace to have meaningful discussions. It was also well-coordinated.” Kay Wagoner, CEO, Icagen
6 reasons why you MUST attend:
- Tackle the innovation funding gap
Develop effective strategies to address where the money will come from, what company structures will be necessary to gain this and what alternative sources of capital are available
- Panels, keynotes and case studies from VPs from pharma and CEOs from biotech including Syntaxin, Roche, Galapagos, Xention, Heptares and more
- Discover the strategies of top life science venture capital funds
How this industry is evolving in response to the current issues and which players are still actively investing
- Perspectives on the future of venture capital and how top players are crafting their top-line strategy and deploying capital for success from TVM Capital, Index Ventures, Puretech, Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners and more
- Good medicine = good business
Why the payer’s perspective is paramount to success and how they have become a key part of the innovation process, how they will impact on your success and strategies to take these into account
- Reverse engineering your drug development to meet changing payer requirements in a new era of reimbursement with case studies and keynotes from VPs at UCB, Medco, Sanofi and more.
- Meet with key licensing executives and learn what the larger BioPharma companies are looking for
What they’re looking for, who you need to approach, how best to present your proposal and tips from the top executives
- BioBusiness features an entire conference stream cutting through to the facts to provide a unique insight into a range of top BioPharma company licensing, externalisation and partnering models from leaders in BD&L and Alliance Management – including GSK, Pfizer, Celgene and more.
- Forge strong relationships with key corporate venture capital funds
Hear their top line strategy, learn what value they can bring to the table and how you can gain access to them
- Panels addressing key corporate venture strategies and what this means for biotech with SR One, Takeda Research Investment, Roche Venture Fund, Merck Serono Ventures, and more
- Drive value from an effective alliance management strategy
Identify the top strategies being employed by industry leaders in order to achieve maximum return from an alliance and salvaging relationships gone bad
- Case studies, panels and breakout sessions from Biogen Idec, Bayer, Clavis, Immunopharma and more
PLUS: Off-the-record case studies and panels providing insight you won’t receive anywhere else, interactive and challenging breakout sessions giving you the chance to drive the debate and learn from your peers and our renown round-table sessions driven by industry experts.
Previous BioBusiness attendees include: