9th Annual Defense Logistics Awards Ceremony
We are pleased to announce the Winners for our 2012 Awards Program!
Thanks To Our Host:
Thank You To Our Additional Sponsors:
Photos From Our Defense Logistics Awards Ceremony:
9th Annual Defense Logistics Awards Winners Announced!
The winners of the 9th Annual Defense Logistics Awards were announced at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 during a dinner attended by more than 100 guests at the Marriott Crystal Gateway. Winners of the prestigious awards were given in five major categories. Please see full details on the winners below.
Category: Best Logistics Strategy: A Specific Project Or Military-Contractor Partnership Achieving Logistics Excellence
- 565th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron (USAF)
- Logistics Modernization Program(LMP): US Army and Computer Sciences Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation/Strategic Strike and Surveillance Division/High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) Systems/Global Hawk Program
- SPAWAR Training Support, C4ISR Training Development and Support Center (TDSC) Team
Category: Best PBL Implementation
P-3 APS-137D(V)5 Radar System Performance Based Logistics Raytheon Company, Space and Airborne Systems
Navy P-3 APS-137 AIP Radar Performance Based Logistics
NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support & Raytheon Missile Systems
Category: Cost Savings And Performance Improvement Award
Category: Beyond The Call Of Duty: Logistician Of The Year
Dr. Frances Goodwin Holt, Executive Director, Navy Munitions Command
LCDR Bran Sherman, SC, Logistics Support Officer, Fleet Logistics Center Pearl Harbor, US Navy
Judy L. Parks, Deputy Director, Weapon Systems Support Department, NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Puget Sound
Category: 2012 Logistician Lifetime Achievement Award
- John Feng, Deputy Director, Business Department, NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Pearl Harbor
- Robert Cairns, Fleet Logistics Center Puget Sound
- Master Sergeant Half-Mast McCanick, USAMC LOGSA PS Magazine Division
- Karen E. Meloy, Enterprise Logistics Engineer, Naval Supply Systems Command
The Defense Logistics awards has been established to honor, recognize and promote the logisticians in the US Department of Defense and the Defense Industry that have made a significant contribution to military logistics. These logisticians support interoperability and transformation through logistics initiatives/programs/processes.
To submit your 2013 nomination or for attendance, contact Shamara Ray at +1 (646) 200.7447. Nominations will require a category completion form to be completed and sent to email@example.com with any supporting documentation (i.e report or article of specific program). Contact Shamara Ray at 646-200-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you choose to mail your submission, mail to:
535 Fifth Avenue, 8th floor
New York, NY 10017
The goal of the Defense Logistics awards is to recognize people and/or organizations for their tremendous contributions to support the DoD and its ultimate end-user, the warfighter.
2013 Submission Deadline:
October 4th, 2013; 11:59 ET
Contact Shamara Ray at 646-200-7447 or email@example.com. We're here to help you with your submission.
Interested in sponsoring the 2013 Awards Ceremony?
Contact Alexandra Burke-Vogdes at +1 (646) 200.7443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES: To be considered for the Defense Logistics 2013 Awards, please adhere to the following requirements:
- We encourage submissions. You may contact Shamara Ray at 646-200-7447 or email@example.com to discuss questions or concerns regarding your submission prior.
- Each entry should include answers to all of the questions on the submission forms. It can either be addressed within the submission form or on a separate sheet of paper. If answer is addressed in another question on the form, simply indicate where.
- You are encouraged to include supporting documents, figures, testimonials.
- The entries must be received by 11:59pm EST, October 4, 2013. No late entries will be accepted. The contact person listed on the Application Submission Form will be contacted via e-mail upon receipt of your entry.
- The Entry must have the name of the program or person as you would like it to appear on any documentation or award should you be selected as a finalist and/or winner
- Each category contains multiple questions. We encourage you to answer all questions listed, but if a question is answered in a previous or subsequent section, indicate which section (i.e. Please see question 2 above for answer). If your entry fails to meet the requirements and format noted herewith, we'll attempt to notify you to provide additional materials. The judges and organizer are not obliged to disclose judging decisions, feedback or scores given.
- Judging organizations are excluded from judging categories in which they have submitted an application.