The one with the buy-side
Maximise trading profits and minimise execution costs in tough liquidity and economic conditions
What is TradeTech Asia?
TradeTech Asia is Asia’s leading trading and trading technology event.
Every year TradeTech brings together over 670 senior regional and global trading and technology representatives and provides them with the best content, speakers and networking opportunities around. With over 40% of the audience from the buy-side and over 70% of the audience from a buy-side, broker or an exchange, TradeTech is unrivalled in its ability to convince Asia’s trading and technology decision makers to leave their desks for two days each November in order to uncover, debate and determine where the industry is heading.
TradeTech Asia is an event that focuses on your needs whether you are a trader or a technologist. Whatever your challenge is, whether it be cloud computing or commission sharing agreements, big data or best execution, latency reduction or low touch trading, they’ll always be speakers, content and networking sessions that will help you in your day to day job. With the addition of an entire day focused purely on hedge funds, TradeTech Asia is the best conference around that meets the diverse demands of Asia’s trading and trading technology community.
Here are some of the highlights from our 2012 event
- our best TradeTech Asia do date:
- Our largest TradeTech Asia yet. Yes liquidity is scare and volumes are shrinking but TradeTech Asia keeps getting bigger and bigger. This year saw our audience increase by a steady 10% and we are predicting the same for 2013, that means an audience of over 750. You simply can’t get this anywhere else
- Buy and sell side global heads of trading and execution participate for the first time: As an indication of the growing importance of Asia, TradeTech Asia featured for the first time global heads of trading from both the buy and sell side discussing the evolution of how we trade and how integral Asia now is to their global operations
- More heads of technology than ever before from leading exchanges, brokers and buy-side within the region
- A fascinating global economic outlook from Paul Donovan, Managing Director, Global Economics, UBS. This was made all the more relevant as the US election results were confirmed mid-session and Paul gave his opinions on how these results would affect our industry and the global recovery
- In depth insights from our chairman and long term friend of TradeTech, Larry Tabb. With almost every attendee in the room regularly receiving and acting upon Larry’s emails and services this provided an invaluable opportunity to quiz the founder of the Tabb Consultancy on his perceptions of how our industry is changing
- Earnest debates on the rise of the new smart trader, the future of HFT in Asia, the rise of algos and the interplay between hi and low touch trading. Making the move into FX and cutting costs through new approaches to post trade were also keenly attended sessions
- In-depth technology content on latency performance, messaging techniques, the ASEAN link, market data and risk compliance
- Incisive discussions on raising capital, long/short trading strategies, technology platforms and risk processes in our hedge fund sessions
A sample of TradeTech's best speaker lineup ever
Christoph Mast Global Head of Trading and Managing Director Allianz Global Investors
Christophe Roupie Global Head of Trading and Securities Financing and Managing Director AXA Investment Managers
Patrick Whalen Global Head of Trading AllianceBernstein
Paul DonovanGlobal Economist and Managing DirectorUBS Investment Bank
Larry TabbChief Executive Officer and FounderThe Tabb Group
Glenn Lesko Chief Executive OfficerAsia, Instinet
Tal CohenChief Executive OfficerChi-X Global
Matthew Saul Head of Trading Asia ex Japan Fidelity Investment Managers