3:55 pm - 4:25 pm
Bill Albert, Executive Director, User Experience Center (UXC), Bentley University
Heather Wright Carlson, UX Lead, Bentley University
When working at improving the user experience it is easy to get stuck focusing on design details or usability performance on a few key tasks. While this is no doubt critical, it makes it more difficult to see the big picture of the overall experience. We will be introducing a new approach to measure the overall experience. Collecting usability, emotional experience, design, and brand experience data together provides an opportunity to get a clearer picture of the overall experience.
We will be introducing a new scorecard taking into account four critical aspects of an experience: usability, emotional experience, design, and brand. Furthermore, the experience score will be tailored to what matters most to each individual. The result is an experience scorecard that is both comprehensive and personalized, with data collected in a lean, budget friendly way. We will demonstrate how this experience scorecard can be used to answer four important questions that many organizations struggle to have clarity on:
1) What is the overall experience like for our customers?
2) What matters most about the experience to our customers?
3) What aspects do we need to improve?
4) How do we compare to our competition?
Key Learnings: There will be three key learnings:
- Learn the value of seeing the big picture through an overall experience scorecard
- Learn about different ways to measure and visualize the overall experience with a digital product
- Learn how leverage an experience scorecard within your organization to drive change